Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Some things beggar belief

Like beggars.

I was wandering around the streets of Toxia dodging Reapers, Swarms and people "practicing" their sword fighting moves by jumping around swinging swords at hopefully empty air when a person I had never met came up to me and said hello. Being a friendly sort of robot I said hi back. Straight away he asked me for at least $L500 unless he is going to be banned as he cant afford a dcs or weapons. He sort of mentioned Miss Wright but "couldn't remember her name exactly".

I pointed out

A: I don't give money to beggars in rl or sl

B: Anyone can wander around Toxian City without a DCS and weapons. In fact thats the safest way to explore, get yourself an observer tag for free and your are ok.

I couldn't be bothered to argue with him and walked off. To be honest if he had been wearing a DCS I would have shot him he was so annoying. Then I bumped into another person with the same sob story and then another one. Then one of them started shouting his pleas for money so I left Toxia for the day.

I guess it was a scam. It certainly didn't make sense. Now we have demons, nekos, cyborgs, vampires, angels, mutants, werewolves, humans and cheap con artists in Toxian City.